UUAA Sharing the Collection Program
On the first Sunday of each month the First Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Ann Arbor donates our collection to nonprofit community service organizations in the furtherance of their important work.
Applications are accepted during the month of October for the funding period beginning the following January. Non-profits wishing to be considered for our Sharing the Collection program should contact us using the information below. Non-profit organizations that serve or advocate for predominately disadvantaged families and individuals living in Washtenaw County are urged to apply.
The 2017 Sharing the Collection Team Facilitators are:
The following nonprofits have been selected to be the recipients of the 2017 first Sunday collections.
- January 8* Religious Action for Affordable Housing (RAAH)
- February 5 National Alliance on Mental Illness of Washtenaw County
- March 5 The Women’s Center of SE Michigan
- April 2 Growing Hope
- May 7 Habitat for Humanity – Huron Valley
- June 4 Michigan UU Social Justice Network
- July 2 Offender Success (formerly “Prisoner Reentry” )
- August 6 Student Advocacy Center
- September 3 826 michigan
- October 1 UU Service Committee (UUSC)
- November 5 IHN/Alpha House
- December 3 Ele’s Place
Links to Sharing the Collection Donation Summaries for Previous Years