Join Us on the Quest for Spiritual Growth and Fellowship.
Are you looking for a way to continue your spiritual growth in a small group setting? Consider participating in an eight month experience with groups of 8-12 people gathered to form a Chalice Circle. Chalice Circles provide participants the opportunity to share their personal experiences and explore connections to self and the world. They are led by two trained facilitators, and each session centers on a different topic. See the list of session topics for this year.
2016 -2017 Schedule
The following sessions will be held from mid-October through mid-May
- 1st and 3rd Tuesday evenings 7 – 9pm at UUAA starting 10/18
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday afternoons 12:30-2:30 at UUAA starting 10/19
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday evenings 7 – 9pm at UUAA starting 10/19
- 1st and 3rd Thursday afternoons 1 -- 3pm at UUAA starting 10/19
- 2nd and 4th Tuesday evenings 6:30 – 8:30pm in Tecumseh starting 10/25
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday evenings 6:30 – 8:30pm in Chelsea starting 10/19
CHILD CARE is not available for Chalice Circles this year
We invite you to watch this video about our Chalice Circle Program
Benefits of Joining a Chalice Circle
1. Find and build a safe and trusting community. 2. Experience mutual commitment to shared goals.
3. Encounter something sacred in yourself and others.
4. Enliven us spiritually, socially and intellectually.
5. Enhance deep listening skills.
6. Know yourself better by seeing your life in the context of others' experiences.
7. Deepen your understanding of Unitarian Universalist principles and values.
8. Draw us into shared ministry.
9. Give back to the UUAA community by completing a service project.
Starting in September, we are inviting UUAA members, friends and visitors to register for this year’s Chalice Circles. Registration will continue, while openings remain, through September in the Social Hall after each Sunday service.
Registration for One-Time Chalice circles will occur 2-3 weeks prior to the circle. Details will be provided in the weekly bulletin.
The Chalice Circle program is guided by a Steering Committee, which coordinates the program, develops the sessions and provides facilitator training. Current members include Anne Ramsey(Co-chair), Karen Hale (Co-chair), Ginny Preuss, Rich Donner, Dixie Hibner, , Shelley Stoll, and Sara Bush.