Music at UUAA
Our music ministry fosters spiritually fulfilling musical experiences for all with multiple ensembles that regularly contribute to worship. For more information about the music ministries at UUAA, including how to get involved, please contact Dusty Francis, Director of Music Ministries: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chalice Singers
- Adult choir for singers high school age and above
- Rehearsals: Thursdays, 7:30–9:15 p.m., late August–late May
- Singing in Sunday worship roughly twice per month
The Chalice Singers are open to all, regardless of prior musical experience, ability, and knowledge. We sing a diverse repertoire spanning a broad range of styles, languages, and traditions in a relaxed but rigorous environment. Join an inviting community of singers while growing your vocal and musical knowledge through a fun and focused rehearsal process.
The Chalice Sparks
- Children’s choir for students in grades 3–5
- Rehearsals: Wednesdays, 5:30–6:15 p.m., September–May
- Participating in Sunday worship roughly six times per year
The Chalice Sparks are a youth choir program for children in grades three through five. Fostering community and leadership through choral singing, the Chalice Sparks provide choristers with a solid foundation in healthy vocal technique and comprehensive musicianship training as well as friendships to last a lifetime.
The Chalice Bells
- Handbell ensemble for musicians high school age and above
- Rehearsals: Thursdays, 5:30–7:00 p.m., late August–late May
- Ringing in Sunday worship monthly
Experience the joy of handbell ringing by joining the Chalice Bells. No prior handbell experience is necessary, though the ability to read music is essential. Build your rhythm skills and a repertoire of handbell techniques as you work collaboratively to realize a diverse repertoire of music for worship.
Looking to share your musical gifts but haven’t seen quite the right opportunity to get involved? Let us know! We are always happy to hear from singers, instrumentalists, chamber ensembles, composers, arrangers, poets, volunteers, and more. Simply write to Dusty Francis, Director of Music Ministries at email@example.com to express your interest in getting involved.